Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What does that mean to run a business?

Starting a business sounded like another academic project to me when I just graduate from university. Indeed, gathering a team to work was nothing but easy in the beginning. It took several meetings to prompt the team on the future enormous effort required to persevere and maintain the collaboration.

Once the significant milestone was achieved and there were no outstanding responses from the market, the team started to question whether the implementation of idea worth the sacrifice of time, effort and money. At the end, most team would excuse themselves to halt or abondone the business idea and that what had happened to my team.

Since then, I have been reflecting what is actually my vocation. I have a dream to establish my own company, my very own conglomerate business. However during the search it stumbled to me as if starting a business for the mere aim of earning richness was not appropriate. Instead, I feel like the higher intelligence is trying to tell me that the main motivation behind a business start-up is to provide additional value to other people's life.

In brief, we need to be passionate in running a business because we are eager to add value or help the public to fulfill their need. Meanwhile money, success or richness is the automatic outcome of the loving action of the businessman.

To some, this thought might be too ideal or even irrational. However I would like to defend myself that this is just my wild thought and frankly, I have no idea whether this is the truth about running business.

1 comment:

NJS said...

It's true..I agree...Go Go Go...FIGHTINGGG