Saturday, December 13, 2008

TIME & MONEY

Do they sound familiar to you? Yeah, it is one of the most important topic in finance. Time is Money, addressed as time value of money by the financial people. I will not talk about that anyway. I am not gonna explain how closely related they are. Just remember this phrase:

“ Young People sacrifice their TIME to earn MONEY, meanwhile the old folks sacrifice MONEY to get TIME”

That is why in this writing I would like to talk about how to MANAGE them.

I have been doing well with financial management (still along way to the millionaire dream TARGET). However, one thing that I just realized after a conversation with one of my new housemates, he is a very handsome and wise guy, any lady interested can let me know XD. We were on the way back from the Xmas thanksgiving mass in St Mary. I was complaining about how fast the time has flied. I couldn’t even APPRECIATE the one week. As if the number of day in the week is getting lesser and lesser.

My big wise friend from SMU gave me a good suggestion that might be effective to solve my concern. It is to start a diary, taking note , just a brief one, of your activities in each day. I do not know whether such thing will work or not but definitely I am going to try it out.

I have been recording my daily expenses for the previous three months. At first it was challenging. However I realize that by doing such simple thing, I am getting more and more aware of my spending and better in terms of financial planning.

1 comment:

Ben said...

wow, that's a pretty good idea, i want to write a diary as well!

Usually I do all my planning and reflection in my head. I guess as we grow older, our memory is not that good anymore and we need to jot it down :D