Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Trap of Perfectionism

Dear Reader,

How are you? I hope your life is great as it is for me. You might think that I have been abandoning this blog or you might think I am not serious of being a blogger. You might be right from certain points of view. BUT...

I wish to clarify that I am a kind of person that value commitment as one of the most important things in life. I did take words actually I am trying to be a warrior that came out of my mouth as promise and try to realize it. However I have been a perfectionist in writing blog. Almost everyday I am thinking of sharing something interesting to the world and again... the big BUT comes in. I tend to procrastinate and think that tomorrow will be a better time for me to write my idea in a “PERFECT” manner. And as you see here... the blog is not moving as if tomorrow never come.

IT IS ENOUGH... this blog is not an academic journal that needs lots of check and reviews. It is a random collection of writings that record my thoughts and observation on the world.

I, W****** K******, will quit being a perfectionist in writing blog and finish what I have started. this statement is not binding in any law of any country, so please don't sue me XD

I welcome you back to my blog... I will try to (no more try to... commitment le... never heard about 'le', it is singlish... very happening in singapore "le"...) update this blog at least once a week from now on... YEAH... IT IS A COMMITMENT now....

Cheers,
WK

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Passion is one of the most important ingredients to your commitment. Don't force yourself to do something that you're not comfortable with... this suppose to be relaxing XP hahaha..

anywayyy, I'm glad that you're back to blogging world. Welcome back~!

WK said...

Hi Erlin,

You are definitely right... It should be the passion that make you blogging....

I believe I have the passion but I tend to wait for the perfect "timing" and given the limited time that I have. I tend to procrastinate and delay them... that is what I have to let go the perfectionism mindset... to blog....

Thanks for your insight :-)