Friday, February 1, 2008

An Interview

Inspired by a weird humble friend of mine.

It was actually happened few weeks ago. I was called for a second round interview by one of the companies that I have applied for. As a mechanical engineering student, I was considered as one of the lucky few to be called for an assassination interview by the company. I arrived at the interview place earlier and was asked to wait at the lounge.

After sitting for 15 minutes, a pretty girl smiled at me and asked me to follow her to... yeah... It is to the interviewing room. With confidence, I opened the door and started this conversation:

WK: good... morning... (With a cute smile)
All interviewers: (with a friendly smile)... Good morning...


I closed the door, moving to the interview table and approaching one of the interviewers. FYI, there are three persons that interviewed me at that time. Let me refers them as OS, OJ and OB.

WK: (offering a firm handshake) Hi...
OB: My name is “Congrads” Congrats...
WK: (asking my self if it was a "congratulation") My name is William...


OB gave out an expression as if he was asking something that I haven’t replied to.

WK: Pardon me...
OB: Congrads... (this is what I heard, it supposed to be “My name is Congrad”)
WK: (with innocent face) Thank you...


What a stupid answer it was! I can still remember how surprised the other two interviewers were after hearing my lame reply.

No comments: