Sunday, March 15, 2009

The contagious human energy

It was almost 2AM (Singapore time) and I was about to sleep when the incident happened.

To be brief, a friend of mine argued with me on email forwarding issue. I was trying to explain to "my dearest friend" that by forwarding the email, one was exposing her friends to the spammer. However "the friend" argued that those email was not harmful in anyway and advised me to delete them if it was too irritating. I was shock with such treatment.

First of all, I did not communicate that the email was irritating. Instead, I was actually trying to explain to her what the email was trying to achieve. The purpose of such email scam was to let the attached party (the originator) to create a list of email addresses. The list might be sold to a company and we would start getting spam in our inbox.

I could feel the anger in the words that came out from my friend. The anger slowly bites me and try to infect my "normalized" energy. I felt uncomfortable talking with the person that time as the negative energy of the individual tried to invade my balanced condition.

Upon realizing such situation, there is no point of explaining anything to the person. I put my best effort to let her ego win and disrupt the communication with a thankful expression.

I hope "my particular friend" has the chance to understand what had happened during that five minutes communication. I have no intention to insult or belittle the person but I think it is unwise to let your emotion rule offer you and not being open to the truth.

Conclusion: Both positive and negative energy is contagious. Being able to mingle around people with positive and open mindset enhance our life quality

No comments: