Sunday, March 29, 2009

Conversation with a Financial Planner

Yesterday I met an insurance agent a financial planner. That was my second meeting with him. Again he explained almost everything that he had ever communicated to me in the previous meeting. It refreshed my brain on the concepts that he would like to imposed onto my belief system. He spoke fluently and delivered insightful lesson worth considering.

However I would like to highlight two points that I could not agree with:

1. Life without loan is possible.
Chinese man in my hometown (those that left China decades ago) believes that life with loan is bad. I personally thing such belief has brought those Chinese people in my hometown wealthy and being able to afford comfortable life. "Human tend to seek instant gratification"

2. Don't depend on insurance claim for your retirement
I belief from the case of "Lehman Bro", our generation has undergone a painful lesson that proved nothing is too big to fail. NO THING IS ABSOLUTE IN OUR MATERIAL WORLD

2 comments:

AndRi said...

So did you ended up buying the insurance? =p

WK said...

Hi Bro,

Not yet buying the insurance however have decided to get that. Not for retirement purposes but for "unfortunate event" (touch wood!!!)

We are responsible for our own life!

Are you getting one for yourself?