Monday, April 14, 2008

Karantina on Fire

Today around 9.30am, I was woken up by the ring of my mobile phone. It was a message from brother, David. I used to ignore any message received when I was on bed but this time I instantaneously woke up from my sleep and grabbed the handphone. It said in bahasa Indonesia:

“Ko, karantina kebakaran.tp uda reda.semua selamat .ama skrg di ruma goi”

Yeah it’s not a proper bahasa Indonesia and today was not an April Fool day. Oops.. let me translate it into English, or maybe Singlish:

“Bro, karantina on fire. but it’s in control now. Everyone OK. Grandma is now in
aunt’s house”

“Karantina” refers to my grandma’s house where I used to stay in. I have been staying there for at least seven years, I guess. It was located on Jalan Karantina (the address). That is why we call it with such a funny name, e.g. karantina means isolation in english. After reading that message, I called my brother’s handphone and asked for more details.

According to my brother the fire was originated from the workshop that was located just behind my grandma’s house. It happened in the early morning. I can’t imagine how scary the condition was as they have to leave the house from the second floor of the house, it’s through the window.

Everything is fine now. We lose half of the house but I really thank God for His protection to ones that I love. One of my aunts experiences minor injuries but I heard it is not too serious. All of them move to my parent’s house that had been left empty for long time. Please pray for my family. I hope this trauma will not haunt them for a long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's horrible! pray for your family. really should thank God. The family being safe and healthy is the greatest bless everyone could get.

Ben said...

Hopefully everything will go back to normal soon. God bless.