Friday, April 18, 2008

Mystery of a couple

I was having lunch with the current most famous Indonesian in NTU, who is happened to be my close neighbour as well. After the short lunch, we had a small chat about “having a girlfriend”. It reminded me to an observation that I had postulated long time ago. This thought came upon me when I was waiting in a mall with one of my senior. We observed that most of the couples constituted one of the following combination options:
  1. Handsome man and a not so pretty woman OR
  2. A Pretty woman and a not so good looking man

Disclaimer: I said “most” of the couple. Hence if you are part of the handsome + pretty couple, you are the exception.


I suggested several reasons for this trend:

  1. The good looking individual admires the character of the not-so-good-looking person. It can be the personality, the LOVE, the wealth, the inner beauty, etc.

  2. Another possible reason is that most of the good looking individuals are so proud of themselves that make them reluctant to go and search for a couple. Many of them think that they are worthy to be desired by the opposite sex as they are handsome or beautiful. Imagine if both the handsome and pretty individuals are not looking for couple and not putting effort to propose, when will they match?


Morals of the story are:

  1. Don’t think that the only reason for the good and not-so-good couple is merely money. It can be one of the reasons but not always.

  2. If you are pretty or handsome, go and search for your couple now! Don’t wait for a handsome prince or beautiful princess to come and give you an “invitation to treat”

4 comments:

Ben said...

hey, i swear i didn't copy ur post, but i happen to write similar thing.

http://energizingmyday.blogspot.com/2008/04/asian-dramas-are-not-ridiculous.html

hahaha.. :D

Raphael YA said...

WK!!! Hahaaa... din expect tt u put this inside ur blog! LOL...
Anyway thanks for the compliment! I take tt as a compliment, altho I dun think I'm tt famous or wad... hahaa...

Referring to ur previous post, item no 4... "to find ... (sorry, it's not for public disclosure)" as u said in ur own words, "Don’t wait for a beautiful princess to come and give you an “invitation to treat”"

Cheers,

Anonymous said...

haha, such a coincidence, i just met my malaysian friends(a newly engaged couple) last saturday. it was unbelievable how they made effort to find each other. They were telling me the same thing.:p LoL...

Poker Small Blind said...

Radically the incorrect information